A Woman’s Place
A Woman’s Place is a 16 bed all female facility. The typical stay is 14-28 days. It is considered a level 3.3 Medium Intensity Residential program.
Clients are accepted from throughout the state of Alabama with preference given to women from the Indian Rivers catchment area. Pregnant intravenous drug users, pregnant women, intravenous drug users, and women with dependent age children are considered priority populations.
A Women's Place FAQ's
What To Bring?
You will need to bring the following things with you upon admission:
- casual clothing-personal items for day-to-day upkeep such as make-up, hair products, bath soap, personal hygiene items, etc.
- plastic clothes hangers (absolutely no wire hangers)
- towels, wash cloths, a laundry basket
- stamps (phone privileges begin after one week in residence) a phone card will be needed if collect calls are not accepted by family/friends
- sodas, snacks, cigarettes-twin bed sheet set, mattress cover, mattress pad, pillow, laundry detergent
Items you cannot bring?
- cell phones
- weapons of any kind (including pocket knives)